Monday, May 2, 2011

Toward another disequilibrium?

In a perfect world, my commuting miles would match my work hours:

4 miles to the office + 4 miles from the office = 8 miles/day

8 miles/day x 5 days = 40 = 40 hour work week

I have spent the past few months working a lot more than 40 hours, and riding a lot fewer than 40 miles each week. Hopefully that starts to flip very soon since busy season is over, and the weather is making for more ideal riding conditions. I don't think I'll be having much of a problem getting closer to a 1:1 ratio as long as the weather cooperates, and hopefully I"m closer to 2:1 or 3:1.

I did keep the "consecutive months with at least one bike commute" streak going by riding to the office on a Saturday, plus to the client site last Monday the 25th.

In other news, the NiceRideMN bikeshare is operational again, and I've already logged a few rides. Through May you can score an annual membership at a reduced price ($40) and they also throw in two vouchers for 24 hour passes you can use to let a friend tag along. Get yours here!

No comments: