Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week 23 (April 27 - May 1)

Summary:

Monday - Car (AM & PM Carpool
Tuesday - Bicycle
Wednesday - Car & LRT (AM Carpool)
Thursday - Car & LRT (AM Carpool)
Friday - Telecommute

It's great that spring is here, and along with it, ideal bicycle commuting weather. At the same time, I'm somewhat lamenting winter's demise, and the end of some of the associated riding challenges. There is little chance of snowstorms blanketing the metro with snow to sabotage my evening commute, nor are the roads glazed thick with ice, humbling me even as I ride with studded tires.

I don't truly miss these tests of endurance, but with their absence I also lack the euphoria gained from successfully riding in the most extreme conditions. In a certain sense, one day of winter riding is as satisfying as a full week in the spring or summer. Even so, I'm really thankful to be able to ride as often as I do.

No comments: