Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 62, an hypothesis, and a random note

Summary

Week 62
Monday - Car (AM carpool)
Tuesday - Car
Wednesday - Car & Bicycle (AM Carpool)
Thursday - Car & LRT
Friday - Car (AM & PM carpool)

Variety ruled my commute this week, which included a rare single occupant car trip to the office on Tuesday and a Thursday night sprint to catch the train at the Government Plaza LRT station. I usually get on at Nicollet Mall but saw the light rail leaving right as I stepped outside, so I raced along 5th Street, gained a few steps as it stopped for a red light, and dove into the last car before the doors slid shut. My lungs burned for the next 10 minutes from sucking in that cold Minnesota air, but I was happy I didn't have to wait around another 15 minutes for the next train.

Hypothesis
Wednesday's bike ride home was a little chilly, and even got my eyes gelling up from the cold, making me wonder at what point they would just freeze solid. It must have been about five degrees on the way home, so my guess is that anything at zero or below would seal them shut, though I have no interest in testing this one out. If anybody knows differently, feel free to let me know.

Random note
Pati bought me a bathrobe this weekend. Having never owned one before, I was surprised at how much more adult like it makes me feel. I enjoyed a steaming cup of coffee this morning, basking in the new-found comfort and warmth of the bathrobe, and regretted not having a newspaper on my front porch that I could go pick up. Maybe I can work that out for June.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

yes, i heard the robe was a hit. just let us know when you start wearing it to the grocery to pick up your half 'n half.

James said...

Only if they'll let me write checks for under $1.

Shannon Dykstra said...

Is that how it works - turn 30, get a robe? I'm approaching that in a month or two, and I've got to know what to ask for in order to act my age.