Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weeks 57 & 58 and the next few months

Summary:

Week 57 (Dec 21 - 25)
Monday - Car (AM & PM Carpool)
Tuesday - Car (AM & PM Carpool)
Wednesday - Car & LRT (AM Carpool)
Thursday & Friday - Vacation/Holiday

Week 58 (Dec 28 - Jan 1)
Monday - Friday: Holiday shutdown

No bike commutes to log for the last entry of 2009, but I did ride into downtown on Christmas Eve day for last minute shopping. A ton of fresh snow made for slow going in spots, but I was able to manage by staying on the snow packed streets, which the studded tires handle effectively. It does ratchet the workout level up a notch or too though, which is just fine as it helps keep me warm.

With the end of 2009, I look forward to the beginning of a new calendar year and the start of another busy season. Here's a look at what I'll be riding in the months to come:



This bike replaces the bike I rode last year, and is equipped with the same Innova studs and Axiom rear rack. Unfortunately a formal christening was never performed and the red mountain bike ended its service to me nameless.

From what I recall, the finalists for the "Bike Name Bestowed Upon A Mountain Bike Performing Winter and Minimal Spring Commuting Duty in a Northern Midwestern City" Award were: Esau, Red, and Raleigh Valverde. I don't know what to expect from this year's ride since it was a pretty cheap Craigslist special, so I won't plan on holding any ceremonies anytime soon.

No comments: