Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 14 (February 23-27)

The summary:

Monday - Car (single occupant)
Tuesday - Car & LRT (AM carpool)
Wednesday - Bicycle
Thursday - Car (AM & PM carpool)
Friday - Car (single occupant)

The excuses:

Monday - had to drive to client site in St. Louis Park again, didn't feel like toting the laptop there and back.
Tuesday - Too tired to get my gear ready and get up early.
Wednesday - Success!
Thursday - A ton of snow was forecasted and actually arrived on Thursday. Getting through 4-6 inches without the studded tires wasn't the challenge I was looking for this week.
Friday - see Monday

The week wasn't a total failure. I logged a bicycle commute for the seventh straight week, and my fears of a disastrous rush-hour drive home on Friday didn't materialize. Having to even think about traffic is one of the aspects of being an Iowa boy living in Minneapolis that I'm still not used to. But other than a slight bottleneck at 394 and 100, everything flowed smoothly, and I got home without an angry heart.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

enjoyed your almost-shower story...even funnier to read backwards singing praises about mercies of mysterious conference room showers.

on a completely separate note...
saw this and thought of the only cpa i know:
http://failblog.org/2009/02/04/verizon-math-fail/

James said...

Maybe I should start watching my Verizon bills a little closer...