Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 40 (August 24-28)

Summary:

Week 40
Monday - Bicycle
Tuesday - Bicycle
Wednesday - Bicycle
Thursday - Bicycle
Friday - Bicycle

The 40 week mark seems like a perfect opportunity for a biking/pregnancy analogy, but nothing is coming to mind. Anybody have a metaphor I can borrow?

I taught a training in the office all week, so batting five for five wasn't too much of a challenge. The only resistance I faced was Tuesday morning when it was rained pretty hard first thing in the morning. I knew it would be clear in the afternoon and I'd be furious that I had to ride the light rail home but I couldn't figure out how to make a round trip cycling commute happen.

It calmed down long enough for me to jump on the bike and high tail it into the office, arriving just as it picked up again. I wore a blue banana man suit (rain jacket, slick pants, plastic bags on my feet to keep dry) and to say I looked ridiculous would be the understatement of the year. I took no pictures just in case I want to run for public office someday, but Pati can attest.

No comments: