Thursday, April 8, 2010

Making life difficult for oneself

Although this girl's situation (on a bike) was considerably favorable to mine (inside a steel box), I certainly didn't envy the fact that she carried the weight of the world on her shoulders.



With a simple $30 investment in a rack and some bungee cords, she would reap exponential dividends in utils of enjoyment from her bicycle commute.

*Safety disclosure: This picture was taken while at a stop light, and my use of a cell phone camera did not contravene any number of state or city laws, or inhibit my ability to properly operate a motor vehicle.

1 comment:

Emily said...

In our many years of acquaintance, I don't think I've ever seen "utils" spelled out. I appreciate that bit of knowledge!

The photo girl could study people who ride RAGBRAI "self-contained" - without a trailer or vehicle to haul their stuff. Now that's impressive.