Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weeks 70-71

Summary
Week 70
Monday - Friday: Car

Week 71
Monday - Bicycle
Tuesday - Bicycle
Wednesday - Friday: Car

Thanks to the arrival of spring in Minnesota, I've been able to get back in the saddle, enjoying two bicycle commutes over the past two weeks. Week 70 was the first week at the new client site, so it took some adjusting before I worked through some logistical challenges. By the second week I was settled in and started the week off with some bike commutes.

As I mentioned previously, the ride is 8.5 miles each way, but is almost entirely on-trail riding and traverses some of the best (in my estimation) bicycling real estate in the twin cities. My route hooks up with the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway and I can't imagine a better backdrop for starting and ending my workday.

With busy season officially over and my schedule back to 40 hours, free time is less of a luxury and I have some to spare outside of business hours. I'm looking forward to a few bicycle-themed events coming up soon in the cities:

Artcrank 2010 - Bike-themed poster party. Pati and I left last year's show empty handed, but I'm hopeful we'll find something this year.

Minesota Ironman Bike Ride A few of my co-workers suffered through last year's cold and wet Sunday ride, so I'm heeding their advice and not signing up until the day of, if indeed it looks tolerable.

Twin Cities Bike Walk Week I'm hoping the my workplace's numbers rebound from last year's poor showing, especially since there's more lead time this year. Regardless, Brent said he's up for it again, and with new wheels since last year's Bike-to-work Day, I think he'll find it more tolerable.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

I'm totally pulling for good weather on April 25, mainly so I can say that my friend James is an "Ironman". :)

James said...

Technically, you might be required by law to call me a "Minnesota" Ironman. Robert Downey, Jr. might threaten litigation otherwise.