Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 77: Mixed Bag

Week 77

The Bad
I drove a car with zero passengers all week long. I'll blame the cold, damp weather for the lack of biking from Monday through Thursday, but I have no one to blame for not getting on the bike on Friday. I was ready for the week to be done, and even though capping it off with a return trip on the bike would have been nice, it was also nice to get off a little early and be home by 4:15 instead of 5:00.

The Good
With the help of my fellow accountants, I figured out a way to configure my Blackberry to track my route and map it out on Google maps. I haven't had an odometer since my Trek got stole a few years ago, but this serves the same function. Also, it saves me from having to manually re-trace my steps as it provides automatic output to Google maps.

Check out the two longer rides I did this weekend ("Map" or "Terrain" view are best):

Saturday's Ride

Sunday's Ride

The week to come is looking good. My goal is to bike commute four out of five days, and maybe I can even get my wife to pay up on the bike commute she owes me from some random bet over a year ago.

No comments: