Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 18 (March 23 - 27)

Monday - car (single occupant)
Tuesday - car (single occupant)
Wednesday - car (single occupant)
Thursday - car (single occupant)
Friday - car (single occupant)

The last week of busy season, and I wasn't able to (cue Kenny Loggins track) keep the fire burning (fade out). I was a little disappointed, but as I look back on the past several months I must say that I ended up logging (no pun intended) more winter miles than I would have imagined just a year ago.

On a positive note, I did ride to get my license renewed in St Paul on Saturday, and then to the Hopkins/Minnetonka area to pick up a few things for our Feijoada party that night. The license renewal station was a stone's throw from the Capitol, and I rode back across St. Paul, over the river to the eastern edge of Minneapolis and across its mid-section on the Midtown Greenway, past the lakes and into the first ring of the western suburbs. I ended just shy of 40 miles round trip and felt good about my overall bicycle usage for the week. It was the first relatively long ride of the year, so my knee required some icing. (Or perhaps that was just the old age and decrepitude settling into these 30 year-old bones)

In other news, the mountain bike is still on blocks in the front yard (figuratively speaking) as I didn't pull the trigger on street tires for it yet. We'll see what this week brings and whether or not it emerges from the basement with new life, and if the weather cooperates for some bike commutes to the office.

No comments: