Friday, September 24, 2010

We Have a Winner

The much blogged about yet scarcely played "Pin the Tail on My Commute" game has ended, and we have a winner. I am relieved that I can walk down the street and hand deliver the prize to Brenna. It always feels wrong to pay more in postage than the shipped item is worth.

In any event, Brent supplied the correct answer, and Vodka Alley is located right before the crossing the 5th Street bridge over I-35W (heading into downtown) and is so named due to the high number of empty vodka bottles that "decorate" the landscape. From every indication, the locale appears to be a night time gathering place for young men in the neighborhood.

Final map with answer

4 comments:

Brian G. said...

I guess that makes sense, w/ the proximity to all the big interchanges and what-not. My guess was perhaps a bit too residential.

But that's the best I got, being 6 states away!

James said...

No worries, I'm just glad you played the game.

Jenna said...

"WE ARE THRILLED TO HAVE THE HONOR OF VICTORY!!!" We must have walked and biked your route seven times to figure it out. We've put more effort into Pin the Tail on the Commute than we put in our own marriage or careers. Our new motto is "Live by 'Pin the Tail', Die by 'Pin the Tail'"

Please, please bring our reward soon! We request that you and Pati bring it together and we will pour some wine for the four of us to celebrate the victory.

Jenna said...

by the way, I put the first thing in quote because that's what the bren part of brenna said! i'm not one of "those" "people" who put "everything" in "quotes"!!!