Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wrench In My Commute

First things first: The deadline to play Pin the Tail on My Commute is this Friday, September 24. At that point, the winner will be crowned, Dennis Green style. There are only two guesses so far, so do the math and you can probably see that you have a good shot at winning.

Now to the wrench...



I picked this up as I waited for the stop light on 5th Street and 11th Avenue, right across from the Dome. This being my first experience with a literal wrench in my commute, I have to say it's a much welcome occurrence as compared to the figurative wrenches I've encountered. Unfortunately figurative wrenches outpace their literal counterparts 2 to 1. (See Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2) And if you remember, the "figurative" wrench in Exhibit 2 was actually a literal screwdriver.

Week 95 Summary (Sept 13 - 17)
Mon-Wed: Bicycle
Thursday: Car & Bicycle (AM Carpool)
Friday - Bicycle

Mileage Count
9/19/10 - 499.7
"And I will bike 500 miles..."

2 comments:

Ivy said...

"The bikes are who we thought they were!" :) Now I will have the Dennis Green re-mix running through my head all day - well done, sir.

Jenna said...

there are three distinct guesses, james! perhaps two are from the same household, but brent and i are two separate people when it comes to guessing. when it comes to receiving prizes, we are one (if he wins).